Status: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Business Development Manager (BDM) include but are not limited to; growing the sales organization by networking, cold calling, acquiring existing accounts, targeting new customers, closing sales leads and opportunities assigned. BDMs will manage a limited number of Accel locations, as a Relationship Manager (RM), to keep current with the day to day operations of our business, as well as participating in the development of business growth strategies, to increase overall profitability.
Business Development Managers must be able to achieve projected sales goals by completing the sales cycle individually as well as ensuring team performance to close overall opportunities. Business Development Managers (BDMs) must know the Illinois Gaming industry thoroughly, be able to speak intelligently and educate prospective location owners about gaming in order to close sales opportunities.
- A certificate from college or technical school, at least three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient with basic PC skills
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to lift/push light weights up to 50 lbs.
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyzes industry data to help recognize and close accounts that are generated individually or assigned
Cold call, target and close new opportunities. (This includes assigned leads/opportunities)
Cold call, target and close existing opportunities. (This includes assigned leads/opportunities)
Schedule regular follow up visits to establishments for purposes of closing sales
Plan approaches and pitches to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
Proactively addressing client issues to close sales
Performs special projects (custom presentations and related duties as generated/assigned to close the sale)
Responsible and participate in growth strategies, to increase overall profitability
Participate in ongoing contests and incentives to grow market share
Responsible for Relationship Management (RM) duties managing a small number of current Accel locations
Maintain and update daily account activity in CRM